prosperity scriptures | The Ultimate Prosperity Promises

The Ultimate Prosperity Promises

Creative Commons License photo credit: Aqeel SyedShepherd With His Sheep
Psalms 23 is one of the most memorized and famous prosperity scriptures in the Bible.  I first started reciting it when I was around 6 years old.  At that time, I didn’t understand the profound truths and awesome revelation included in these verses.

Let’s take an in-depth look at these Bible scripture verses and see what Prosperity Promises they contain for each of us.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.”

First, Psalms 23 is written to those who are sheep of God.  He is their shepherd.

The relationship  between Shepherd and Sheep is very close.  The Sheep are dependent on the Shepherd not only for protection, but also for direction.  The Sheep will stay in the same location or place until the Shepherd moves them.  They won’t wander.  Even when the grass is all eaten,  instead of moving, they will stay in the same place and starve before seeking new pastures.

What does that mean for us?

The Lord orders our steps.  He determines where we are and we will remain there until he leads us to an new place.

Psalms 23

Green Pastures and Still Waters

Because we trust and obey, we shall not want.  He has promised to supply all of our wants. (see Phillipians 4:19)  The Lord even makes me (us) to “lay down in green pastures”.

No dried up place for God’s sheep.

Even when we are confused or puzzled or without understanding,  God will take us to “Green Pastures” and make us to lay down.  And we will go because we are his sheep and we hear his voice (John 10:27)

He also will lead us besides the “Still Waters”.

God wants us to find a peaceful place in him.  A place where we can become restful, not restless.  Yes sir, The Shepherd, wants us to be surrounded with Prosperity.   With Plenty of Green Pastures and Still Waters.

A Restored Soul

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake “

Our soul represents our mind,  our feelings, our intellect.  God’s people don’t think like unbelievers.  Yep, we are a different lot. Remember, we must trust him for all our decisions.  We must hear his voice and  not follow another.  God has restored our soul.  He has changed our minds.

God will lead us  in the path of righteousoness because he has a promise to keep.  Promises he made to Abraham and all his heirs.  By faith in Jesus, those promises are ours as well.  And God keeps his promises.  His name (reputation) is on the line.  That why he can’t let his sheep fall.

We Will Fear No Evil

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.“

We will not be afraid, because he has promised to never leave or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)

Our Cup Runneth Over

“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”

Even in the midst of those who mean us harm, we can be comfortable and assured that God is with us..  God has promised us favor from the top of our head to the bottom of our feet..  The Blessings of the Lord will overflow.

A Believer’s  Assurance  of Prosperity

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

We are confident that God’s promises of goodness and mercy will remain with us all the days of our lives.  Therefore we know that we will dwell with him forever.

WOW, These are Great Prosperity Promises!

If you have been blessed by this article, please leave a comment below.  All comments are valued and appreciated.

Be Blessed!

Filed Under Bible Scriptures On Prosperity, God's Promises on Prosperity | 54 Comments

Tagged With , , ,

Comments

54 Responses to “The Ultimate Prosperity Promises”

1. Rosilyn Sampson on October 6th, 2009 1:19 am

Wonderful!!!

2. Kim on April 6th, 2010 2:15 pm

Truly a Blessing to know and walk in Authority of this passage…… Just Awesome!!!

3. Ronald on May 6th, 2010 1:52 pm

This was very helpful in having a deeper understanding of the scripture…I have been confessing and believing in this over the last year…May God bless and prosper you

4. Victor on August 12th, 2010 10:40 am

Great revelation

5. Yolanda on August 21st, 2010 6:10 pm

thank you for breaking that down for me! I really appreciate you taking the time to share this information!! Bless you!

6. stephanie on August 25th, 2010 4:24 am

I always wondered why the women in my prayer circle love to recite this scripture. Your interpretation of the text is so clear, relevant to my life and clears up some of my unanswered questions. Definitely, this was a blessings.

7. Gabriel Angel on September 25th, 2010 11:58 am

expectacular!! sobre todo para mi que estoy afrontando una crisis economica berraca, Dios los bendiga por esta maravillosa palabra.

8. booker on october 7 2010 on October 7th, 2010 9:34 pm

Very Resassuring!

9. Ogagaoghene on December 14th, 2010 11:03 am

An inspiring psalm. It never fails when you understand what God is saying to you. God bless you for this wonderful revelation. It is one of the psalms I started confessing since I was, I believe 5years with my family.

10. Tammy on January 11th, 2011 11:49 am

This truly has been a tool God has touched me with today. One reason is that this is one of the first scriptures I learned as a child, and He has turned “milk” into “meat”. Thank you.

11. Jecinta on March 14th, 2011 12:34 pm

Explosive, this is Ps: 23- broken down.

12. Morgan Felix on April 26th, 2011 4:19 am

Great revelations I received from you and it has turned my life around for greatness.
    I pray that God will continue to lift you higher and higher in Jesus amen.

13. Patrick de Saldanha on May 4th, 2011 11:09 am

Though i recited psalm 23 many times, i never understood the meaning and message of it, Thank you for such a wonderful explanation.

14. Tammy Hylton on May 13th, 2011 2:05 am

For the rest of my life I will read this Psalm in a different way–Thank you.

15. Loretta Harvin on June 22nd, 2011 2:32 am

:smile: That’s good stuff!

16. Nathan on July 2nd, 2011 11:55 pm

Amen! If only God’s people will learn to hear His voice, and follow out of love and awe. Then, we could truly find ultimate prosperity.
    “For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

17. ten visawnadan marudamuthu on July 12th, 2011 4:56 pm
  18. Wanda Raulerson on August 4th, 2011 4:11 pm

In my search for what GOD says about prosperity, this was an excellent and refreshing response! Thank you for giving to the Lord! :smile:

19. Wanda Raulerson on August 4th, 2011 4:31 pm

In my search for what GOD says about prosperity, this was and excellent and refreshing response! Thank you for giving to the Lord! :smile:

20. Rebecca on November 14th, 2011 3:13 pm

WONDERFUL AND MORE WONDERFUL THANKS 😀

21. Ursula on November 27th, 2011 2:37 pm

😀 God’s promises broken down and well understood for this day we are living in, it’s good to know that his word is eternal and the same promise he made for me, he has made for my children and grandchildren!

22. frederick ntiri on December 26th, 2011 1:35 am

Indeed this verse is inspiring and thank you for the way and many you broke it down. May the favour of the Lord be with us now and forever more. Amen

23. Jim van Ommen on March 6th, 2012 5:11 am

I have no problem with prosperity theology provided of course you have your currency right.
    One that is at least moth and rust proof. Gold would come close, but Gold of obedience would have to top the lot. That’s the challenge !

24. Brigette on April 13th, 2012 2:04 am

Truly a blessing! 😛

25. Janelle on May 29th, 2012 7:35 pm

😀 Very good. Keep these articles coming. Despite what a lot of people think, we need messages like these. ❗

26. Mel on June 21st, 2012 3:47 pm

😛 Great breakdown

27. Hughes on June 25th, 2012 9:40 pm

It makes me feel happy for I know He will take care of me

28. Cornelius on July 11th, 2012 4:38 pm

Very Good. We need to hear.

29. Jane on July 31st, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you. I’d never looked at the 23rd Psalm like this before. As I read through your article I felt the peace it brought to my soul. What a great reminder for us to rest in the Lord and to let go of our concerns.

30. Linda on August 28th, 2012 6:37 pm

😀 I agree with Jane. I never looked at the 23rd Psalm that way. It is truly blessed my soul. Thanks for the explaining to the point that even a first grader would understand. Be blessed 😀

31. Moyo on November 21st, 2012 3:55 pm

Great revelation on prosperity. Ultimately we see God’s desire to freely give and bless His people.

Moy0

32. Sandi on February 8th, 2013 12:37 am

Although I read the bible almost daily and pray on a daily basis I really got a little depressed today when I got car trouble. So i immediately started searching for prosperity scriptures and found this website. After reading Psalm 23 and the promises of this Psalm it gave me peace and reminded me of God’s love and promises to take care of my needs. I know that God does care and he will do for me as he promised. Thank you!

33. blessedjeff on February 8th, 2013 6:50 pm

Glad you enjoyed our website. Be Encouraged!

34. Prem Chandra on May 1st, 2013 7:28 am

Thank you for simplifying the message, which is very inspiring. May God’s favour be upon us all? Amen.

35. CP on September 7th, 2013 11:22 pm

Surely Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. I am praying for Gods favor upon his faithful servants.

36. Don B on December 26th, 2013 12:23 am

Please pray for my finances that the lord God Jesus will help me stabilize and prosper. I have faith in the Name of Jesus

37. Helen on January 29th, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you!

38. Victoria Hovey on March 31st, 2014 12:08 pm

Awesome! Wish I could forward this to my husband. Thank you for making this verse so real and I will cherish it always!

Vicki in Massachusetts

39. Roland on April 1st, 2014 7:47 pm

😆 finally an explanation to God’s prosperity..thank you

40. Anita Ramdhan on April 9th, 2014 4:02 pm

Great revelation and very inspiring with the explanation, gives me the desire to trust his word even more.

41. Grace Rose on September 1st, 2014 3:48 am

Thank you. So blessed to have found this. I have always recited this Psalms but never truly understood it until today. God bless you.

42. Charles on October 5th, 2014 7:06 pm

💡 What a wonderful way of really explain what it all means. Thank you for the gift!

43. Nora on November 17th, 2014 5:55 pm

I loved the detailed explanation of the verses… very helpful and comforting. Thank you.

44. Shirley Brittenum on December 30th, 2014 3:24 pm

Thank you for your commentary on Psalm 23.

45. Ernesto on January 9th, 2015 7:26 pm

Amen.

46. Shirley Brittenum on January 10th, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you so much for the article on Psalm 23. I am blessed by reading and meditating on it.

Be Blessed,

Shirley

47. johnson paul on January 12th, 2015 4:24 am

AwesomeI l have read this psalm so many times but never understood the full meaning,would like to memorise it. Thank you very much.

48. johnson paul on January 12th, 2015 4:26 am

Awesome l have read this psalm so many times but never understood the full meaning,would like to memorise it. Thank you very much.

49. Miss.Bridget Cheryle Biggins on April 28th, 2015 10:36 am

Thank you for your detail explaination continue your detailing scriptures pray for me too that I prosper and be in good health as my soul prosper and that GOD will supply all my needs according to HIS riches in glory Because GOD is bigger than our problems also GODsaid I will supply all your needs according toHIS riches in Glory. So I. Will bless the LORD at all times and HIS praises will continually be. In my mouth

50. Carol on May 12th, 2015 7:00 am

Thank you for posting these awesome prayers and scriptures they have truly helped me. God Bless you.

51. Godson on June 12th, 2015 9:35 am

God is awesome, I’m blessed with this revealing truth in His words of assurance in this passage of the scripture as explained, now I know how powerful and sure His words are! Thank you Jesus

52. Portia Jones on July 4th, 2015 5:43 pm

This is an awesome way of clarifying God’s promises to take care of His children and take care of them in a peaceful, loving and abundant manner. I am even more aware that as I put my faith in that One Power – all my needs are being met always.

53. Minister Billy on November 6th, 2015 4:38 pm

Today the Holy Spirit told me that it is time to release the drawn back bow string and begin the work of The Lord. I was lead to stand on and internalize God’s promises and support for sustenance to fight and finish the battle. This is the first site He lead me to. It is the prayer I have recited and taught my children from birth. It will be hence for my fight song, or my fight Psalm if you will. And I know that God has truly fulfilled each line in my life. So I will now answer the call and Fight the Good Fight from a position of Victory, until the day Jesus returns to finish it for good. Have a Super Blessed Day. Evangelist, Minister Billy Hupp Sr.
    I will see you and yes I do mean you in Heaven!

54. seaffus on January 27th, 2016 6:33 am

:sad: 😥 💡 ➡ 👿 😕 😕 d and then God got hold of the individual problem me. an my mess up thinking someday hopefully this be better than I know they should have been already except my think Hi jacking God planning for my life please pray for my wife an our baby airela and my self in jesus christ